10.22.2011

hjl - 1 year


weight: 26 lbs
height: 32"
size: size 4 diaper &18-24m/2T clothing
eat: bottle breakfast bottle snack bottle lunch bottle snack snack again bottle dinner bottle ( you love to eat and you LOVE your bottles)
sleep: back to sleeping pretty good - down at 8 up at 6
current loves: the dogs, make loud noise, your wagon, water

I'm a bit emotional today as I lay here at 6 am and look at my sweet baby boy who is officially the  big 1 year old.  This time last year was the happiest and scariest day of. my. life.   You were brought into this world early and your little body just wasn't ready for it.  I remember being so scared and feeling so helpless in an already overly emotional state.  You were whisked away from me before I even had the chance the to hold you.  
You were...
-placed in an incubator within 24 hours
-had a chest tube inserted into your lungs when you were 2 days old
-were fed intravenously (had iv's and wires covering your little body)
-were place in a calm 2 day environment with light noise and little touching
-you were a fighter 
When I tell people about your rough start they are in shock as they look at you now.  
You are my little champ, my whole world and have hung the stars and the moon in our book and you continue to expand our hearts every day with your little personality.  You are loving, hilarious, healthy, happy and just plain perfect.  You give open mouth kisses and bite down with your 4 little teeth.  You give high fives and shake your head no at everything, even if you mean yes.  You dance and clap and rock back and forth.  You laugh, you giggle and like to put on a show.  Still crawling but cruising on all furniture.  You love to be in your wagon and be where all the action is.  You had your 1st visit to the ER... You were strapped in your BOB and it went rolling off the porch and flipped over, you hit your head so hard and I totally freaked out.  All was fine and your a tough little cookie but it was probably the 2nd scariest day of my life! You're a rough boy so I know you will have many more bumps, bruises and falls but for now let's stay out to the ER.  You love to throw balls and make loud noises with the cabinets, toys and pans.  You copy us and hold the phone to your ear.  You love to share and say "dane doo" aka thank you.  You don't quite understand sweet hands, gentle or the word "no" so we are working on that.  I got to spend my first birthday as a mother on Sept 29, Birthdays are much more meaningful now that you are in my life! Best birthday ever! You are so incredibly amazing I could go on for days but I will end this with thanking you.  Thank you for making this past year the most memorable, amazing, loving and adventurous year of our lives.  It brings me tears of joy to think of all the fun things ahead of you in your adventurous and exciting life and we can't wait to watch you grow!
Love you to the MOON!
Momma 



















No comments: